North Warpaint Championships
Want to make a name for yourself as a leading make-up artist? Then show off your skills at the North Warpaint Make-up Championships 2017. This year’s competition will see MUAs showcase their talent in several ways, from interpretations of historical figures to unique takes on winter bridal looks.
Four categories will be battled out live on October 22–23 during the Professional Beauty North show at Manchester Central, while one category – #Instawarpaint is online only, meaning you showcase your make-up and photography skills via email. Here’s what you need to know about entering the competition
What are this year’s categories?
• Film & TV: The Tudors – make-up a character from the time of the Tudor monarchs in the period from 1485–1603
• Real Beauty: Winter Bride – create a flawless winter bridal look for real women
• Runway: Studio 54 – design a disco look using inspiration from 1970s New York’s most famous club
• Bodypainting: Pop Art – channel the 20th Century’s most colourful art trends
• #Instawarpaint: Ancient Egypt – based on the theme of the sun and the moon
What are the prizes?
Entrants who place first will be featured in Professional Beauty and Warpaint and presented with a trophy, while those who come in second will be given a glass trophy and those in third a medal. Everyone who enters will receive a certificate
How does the judging process work?
Entrants need to bring a mood board with them and talk through their concept confidently with the head judge. Judges will base their scores on several factors, including interpretation of the theme, model choice, design inspiration, originality and overall impact.
For the online-only category, photographic entries must be submitted in colour at a minimum resolution of 300dpi
WHAT’S THE DEADLINE?
The deadline for entries is October 5, except for the #Instawarpaint category which is September 14. Entry price is £10 per category for students; £25 per category for professionals. Download your competition pack and enter now: professionalbeauty.co.uk/northwarpaint