▪ Mottram Hall hotel in Cheshire has been awarded five bubbles by The Good Spa Guide. The spa created new day and break packages to mark the occasion. Spa manager Steph Parry said the rating was “a direct result of hard work and dedication from the whole team”.
▪ Clinical skincare brand Dr Russo Skincare, founded in 2015, has made new appointments across its global team. Laurent Leblond is now chief operating officer and Jean-Sebastien Deguette is global sales director.
▪ Reality TV personality Austin Armacost visited Studio 18 Hair and Beauty in Huddersfield for a Katherine Daniels treatment. Armacost had an Express Energising Radiance Facial prior to appearing on Celebrity Big Brother 2017.
▪ Entries to the National Hairdressers’ Federation 75th Anniversary Business Awards 2017 are now open. The categories, which are free for NHF and non-members to enter, include Best Independent Beauty Salon, Best Apprentice, Best Front of House and Best Male Grooming Business. Entries close on July 28, with finalists announced on September 4.
▪ Ceri Silk has left her role as beauty business development manager at Saks to join The Peak Health Club & Spa at Jumeirah Carlton Tower as spa manager, where she will manage a team of 10 therapists and oversee all spa operations, including the development of new treatments.