▪ Moddershall Oaks Country Spa Retreat in Staffordshire has built new spa suites, designed to create a “home spa” feel. The suites have plush furnishings, underfloor heating, private decking areas and rainfall showers. There is a Master/Bridal, Deluxe, Studio and Accessible Suite.
▪ The Reef in Sevenoaks, Kent, has been sold to Prime Aesthetics, which will open a skin, laser and beauty clinic at the site this spring. The Reef owner Clare Cockell will continue to run her Maidstone The Reef salon but decided to close Sevenoaks to focus on the main site as well as her own personal growth in the industry.
▪ Elemis has appointed four “digital influencers” as brand ambassadors to co-create content across its digital platforms as part of the #Elemiseveryday campaign. The bloggers are Emma Thatcher and Louise Redknapp from A Style Album, as well as Lydia Elise Millen and Anneli Bush.
▪ Dr Hayot has opened his French medical beauty clinic Epilium & Skin in London after establishing three successful clinics in Paris. The new site in Marylebone will offer laser hair removal, varicose vein removal and mesotherapy with a team of doctors.
▪ Just under half (42%) of Pinterest users make a beauty purchase after seeing a pin, according to the social media platform’s Beauty Trend Report 2016. Pinners are 2.1 times more likely to buy a product if they’ve seen the item on Pinterest and will even use the app as they shop in a high-street store.