The issue of diversity and inclusion in the beauty industry has become even more prevalent recently, with members of varying demographics in the market saying that they still feel underrepresented.
One area where the problem of underrepresentation can be tackled is by brands marketing and advertising by using diverse models of all shapes, colours, ages, sizes and abilities.
While this is just one way in which businesses can affect change, the majority of you agree that suppliers should be taking some sort of action – with 68% of you saying they need to do more to promote body positivity.
Turn to page 43 to find out how you can do more to promote your services, particularly hair removal, to the trans community and make sure they feel welcome in your premises.
On the spot
How do you discourage late cancellations and missed appointments?
1. Send email or text reminders (77%)
2. Make clients aware of cancellation policies (59%)
3. Take deposits (50%)
4. Block repeat offenders from booking (45%)
5. Call to find out why they cancelled or didn’t attend (41%)
6. Only allow repeat offenders to book on the same day as their treatment (23%)
7. Call clients to remind them about appointments (9%) 14%
think brands need to do more to promote body positivity
Month in number
72% average treatment room occupancy in June
Take part in our Insider feature
Want to have your say on the beauty industry?
Take part in our Insider feature. Sign up at: professionalbeauty.co.uk/insider