With beauty salons up and down the country hitting the headlines for offering services that give back to the local community, many of you are now considering delivering mental and physical wellbeing initiatives in your business. Hosting coffee mornings for clients and staff so they can talk to a professional in a safe setting is proving most popular (32%), followed by offering free beauty workshops for troubled teens (29%) and teaching therapists how to spot the signs of domestic abuse (25%).
With brow lamination trending on Instagram – a technique where a client’s brow hairs are brushed up and fixed in place to make them appear thicker – half of you believe it’s set to be the next big thing.
Find out which companies will be talking through brow lamination training at Professional Beauty North on page 86. Meanwhile, 54% of you have confessed that you get annoyed when clients tell you they want healthy skin but won’t follow your suggested routine.
On the spot
Which initiative would you like to run for your local community?
1. Mental wellbeing coffee mornings
2. Free workshops for troubled teens
3. Staff training to spot signs of domestic abuse
4. Teaching beauty to adults with learning disabilities
50% think brow lamination will be the next big brow trend
Which of these thoughts do you secretly think the most at work?
1. You want healthier skin/nails but don’t follow my recommendations? Hmm.
2. I could easily have a cheeky power nap on this treatment bed
3. Talking to a client and mentally plucking her brows into shape
4. Mentally timing a client who has gone to the toilet pre-intimate wax to know what you’re letting yourself in for
August 2019 in numbers
HOW DID TREATMENT BUSINESS IN AUGUST 2019 COMPARE WITH AUGUST 2018?
AVERAGE TREATMENT ROOM OCCUPANCY 51%
HOW DID RETAIL BUSINESS IN AUGUST 2019 COMPARE WITH AUGUST 2018?