Business Skills Live Stage
This year’s two-day programme promises to help improve your skills and share valuable tips on how to adapt your business to any scenario, ensuring that it not only survives but thrives in 2021 and beyond.
Industry leaders will deliver standout sessions on everything from how to finish the year strong, to creating a business plan that works and instilling a strong retail culture in your salon or spa.
Three must-see sessions:
• Topic: recruitment – “how to find good therapists and keep them” on October 17 at 11am – with Stefania Rossi, founder of Hidden Talent specialist recruitment.
• Topic: making profit – “simple processes to double your profits” on October 17 at 2pm – with beauty salon owner and business turnaround coach Susan Routledge.
• Topic: going solo – “be your own boss: how to start your own mobile or home-based business” on October 18 at 11am – with Kerry Beavis, award-winning therapist and founder of The Revive Co.
Digital Skills Live Stage
Having a strong online presence is as crucial to your business’s success as delivering a first-class treatment and service, which is why we’re delivering top tips on how to master website design, email marketing and social media in our two-day Digital Skills programme.
Do you want to attract more first-time customers to your salon? Or make money from social media advertising campaigns on Facebook and Instagram? Then, this is the stage for you.
• Topic: digital marketing – “three ways to make money from email marketing” on October 17 at 4pm – with Ryan Power, founder of beauty coaching brand Salonology.
• Topic: creating video – “mastering video content on Instagram, Facebook and Tiktok” on October 18 at 11am – with Cey Sesiguzel, co-founder and producer of Two Fresh.
• Topic: online shops – “instagram shops: there’s cash in your content” on October 18 at 3pm – with social media coach Vivienne Johns.
Skin & Advanced Treatments Live Stage
Aimed at advanced therapists who are looking to expand their knowledge on the latest treatments, as well as those newer to the industry who want to introduce aesthetic services into their business, there’s something for everyone on this two-day agenda. Topics include the skin benefits of LED, tackling hyperpigmentation and acne, and mastering combination protocols.
• Topic: bespoke treatments – “combination therapies relating to mesotherapy” on October 17 at 11am – with Fillmed lead skin quality expert and trainer Andrew Hansford.
• Topic: advanced skincare – “can cica be the answer to anti-ageing?” on October 17 at 5pm – with Custodio D’AVO, Swissline international brand director.
• Topic: alternative techniques – “everything you need to know about facial cupping” on October 18 at 1pm – with top facialist and skincare brand owner Antonia Burrell.
How To Live Stage
Get the lowdown on the latest treatment trends and techniques shaking up the market with this one-day programme – from demos of 2022’s hottest make-up trends and your ultimate guide to male body waxing, to the latest lash extension techniques to be aware of. Plus, there will be a live Q&A segment at the end of each session so you can ask the pros your burning questions.
Two must-see sessions:
• Topic: lash lift help – “lash lift troubleshooting tips” on October 17 at 1pm – with Katie Godfrey, lash artist and owner of KG Professional.
• Topic: waxing trends – “pregnancy waxing: how to perfect your treatments for pregnant and post-pregnancy clients” on October 17 at 2pm – with Marta Zaczkowska, owner of The Waxing Specialist salon and academy.
Nail Skills Live Stage
In association with:
We have a dedicated one-day Nail Skills Live Stage taking place on the Monday of the show in partnership with leading session tech Marian Newman and her Federation of Nail Professionals (aka “the Feds”). From guidance on in-depth techniques and top troubleshooting issues, to advice on making a name for yourself in the sector, this agenda has everything a nail tech needs to succeed.
• Topic: speeding up your technique – “top tips for making your gel-polish service slicker, quicker and more profitable” on October 18 at 11am – with nail tech and educator Belinda Price.
• Topic: 2021’s hottest trend – “everything you need to know about using full cover tips” on October 18 at 2pm – with Georgie Smedley, managing director of the Georgie Smedley Group.
All stages: £5 per session, £2.50 for Vips, and £1 for students and lecturers: professionalbeauty.co.uk/londonstages