With the issue of sustainability firmly back in the spotlight, creating achievable eco pledges for your salon business has been a top priority. Just under half (40%) of you plan to eliminate all disposable items from your salon and switch to reusable solutions instead, while 36% are creating a plan to reduce their water waste and 28% to only work with beauty suppliers who are sustainable and have clear eco KPIs.
With the industry striving to get back to normality, it seems that reopening after lockdown 3.0 hasn’t been challenge-free. Just under a third (32%) are finding it tough wearing the required personal protective equipment (PPE) again, while patch testing clients (28%) and feeling tired from the long working days (28%) are also ranking high. Find out about the latest treatment launches to hit the market on page 88.
On the spot
Which type of social media post gets the best engagement with clients?
1. Before-and-after shots (48%)
2. New products/treatments (48%)
3. Get to know the team (26%)
4. Behind the scenes of changes (14%)
5. Video walkthroughs of the salon journey (10%)
Which eco pledges will you be focusing on this year?
1. Eliminate disposables and switch to reusable items (40%)
2. Reduce your salon’s water waste (36%)
3. Only work with sustainable suppliers (28%)
4. Do an energy audit to cut your carbon footprint (26%)
5. Aim for zero waste to landfill (20%)
77% say their salon marketing materials promote body positivity
13% are signed up to an online cancer treatments directory
What has been your biggest challenge since reopening?
1. Wearing PPE again (32%)
2. Patch testing clients (28%)
3. Long days/tiredness (28%)
4. Motivating the team (8%)
Take part in our Insider feature
Want to have your say on the beauty industry? Take part in our Insider feature. Sign up at: professionalbeauty.co.uk/insider