Spa teatment business thrived in September, with 71% of you reporting improvement compared to the previous year, combined with an 81% average treatment room occupancy.
One of the keys to keeping treatment rooms booked is the ability to anticipate and respond to what clients are looking for. Client demand and feedback (33%) plays a pivotal role when you’re deciding which new services to introduce, demonstrating the industry’s commitment to customer-centricity.
Clients often look for sustainability when selecting which spas to visit, and these have been embraced by 67% of our survey’s respondents.
When it comes to the best way to transform spas into relaxing destinations, the most important factors you reported were music (86%), and lighting and scent (62%).
On the spot
What is the primary factor influencing your decision to introduce new services or treatments?
1. Client demand and feedback (33%)
2. Cost-effectiveness and profitability (29%)
3. Industry trends (19%)
4. Staff expertise and training (14%)
5. Competition and market analysis (5%)
67% have implemented sustainable practices in their business operations
Which factors are most important in creating a relaxing and welcoming spa atmosphere?
1. Relaxing background music and sounds (86%)
2. Lighting and aromatherapy options (62%)
3. Comfortable furnishings and amenities (57%)
4. Choice of soothing colours and décor (52%)
5. Use of natural elements e.g. plants and water features (48%)
Month in Numbers
How did treatment business in September 2023 compare with September 2022?
How did retail business in September 2023 compare with September 2022?
81% average treatment room occupancy in September